Thursday, October 1, 2009

You Wanna Look Good Naked? ....Do The Basics

I have a feeling about you. You like the gym. You like the feeling of the weights in you hands. You like making calluses on your hands. I mean, after all you are reading this blog. I have a feeling you do things right: you work hard, you eat food, you get your protein. Good for you. However I also have a feeling you do some things wrong: you split your workout into body parts, you never use heavy weights, your volume is huge, you never take time off, etc. 

Guess what, so did I. I used to think this whole iron game was ridiculously complicated. I thought I had to take creatine to get jacked. I thought I had to split my body parts up to make them grow. I knew I had to know all the best periodization schemes to get the best results. As I progressed through this part of my life, I realized that it is the opposite of what i thought. I didn't need all these fancy contraptions, supplements or magazines to get stronger and better. all I needed was the basics that this passion of ours was built upon: iron, hard work, and a goal. However, it doesn't hurt to have a guide to help you along the way.

Nate Green wrote a great article with Mike Robertson today about this very subject. Take a minute and read it. I dare you to try what it says and see if you don't get bigger, stronger and better.

Until next time, stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment