Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back...I Promise...

I haven't been writing. I know this. I have been reminded from all of my friends, family, and seemingly weird, people who I rarely talk to ever. So, I am going to start writing again and dispensing information that I think will help you slim down, get stronger, and generally look good naked. So, here it goes.

One reason why many people don't exercise is that it is inconvenient. I mean, they have to get in the car, drive to their local 24 Hour Fitness, wait for an Elliptical trainer, "run" for an hour, down a Gatorade and a Clif Bar, then come back home and watch reruns of America's Got Talent. Wow, tough workout. Anywho, I digress. The reason for this post is to tell you to spend money. Yes, the economy sucks. Yes, a 20 year old is bossing you around. No, I will not make out with you.

The training implement I wish for you to purchase is the TRX. It is, by far, one of the most amazing tools you can buy to whip your flabby ass into shape.

Even though the economy is worse than that show based off the caveman commercials for Gieco and the TRX costs around $130, you shouldn't think of it as a loss of money, but, as Alwyn Cosgrove says, "Think of it as an investment in yourself".

Ya, I wasn't lying about that.

Anyways, the TRX is so versatile and intense, I think it should be a staple in any traing regimen. A quick workout you can do is a circuit that goes like this:

  • TRX Squat Jump
  • TRX Bulgarian Split Squat
  • TRX Push Up
  • TRX Inverted Row
  • TRX Leg Pike

Get one and give it a try!

Until next time, be strong.

1 comment:

  1. I think this post was worse than the caveman commercials, sorry. One way to completely de-motivate those who already have a hard time getting to the gym is to patronize their workouts. Also, I think that a person in this category might also be a tad intimidated by TRX. A rope contraption hanging from the cieling designed to use body weight as resistance? Definitely not for everyone. Perhaps they would prefer something that seems less scary, like the kettle bells or resistance bands. Also as far as the TRX equipment, even if you buy the actual ropes, you'd still need the horizontal reinforcement bar part to hold it up. I'm totally with you on TRX being a good piece of equipment, but not for the newbs that you're referring to here.

    ReplyDelete