Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things I Keep in My Truck

I'm an Eagle Scout. for those of you who don't know what that is, it is the highest rank you can receive in the Boy Scouts of America. It is pretty prestigous (I say while giving myself a pat on the back). Being a boy scout, I follow the Boy Scout Motto: "Be Prepared". Since I am constantly on the move doing all manner of things, most of these objects end up having a regular stay in my vehicle. So I thought I would share some of these with you since some of them are fitness related:

  1. Emergency food- Since eating is my fourth favorite hobby besides training, saving lives, and pretending I am a member of the X-Men, I can always use some extra food around if I can't go eat or am if gonna be on the road a lot that day. Usually I'll have either a granola bar, a can of tuna or some almonds and raisins in my center console in case I need energy.
  2. My workout log- This thing never leaves my truck. I always know what I lifted, how I felt, how I lifted, and how long it took at any time. It also gives me a place to write down new ideas for programs, like the one I am tinkering with now, but more on that much later. If you don't keep a log of your training, I highly suggest starting one right now...I'll wait.
  3. 2 Kettlebells- If I find out I have to stay at work late and can't make it to the gym, I won't just blow off my session all together. On my break I will bust these bad boys out and get some work done. I'll do a circuit or two or maybe get some explosive throws in on the beach. It my not be as difficult as what I had originally planned, but It is way better than just giving up and sitting on my ass.
  4. Workout/Running shoes- You will never know when the mood to train strikes. I keep these around so if my plans have to change or I get ansy from being lazy, I can be ready to "do work" as the bro's say.
  5. A sweatshirt- Have you ever trained on the beach when its cold outside? It's horrid. I learned long ago to always keep a piece of warm clothing with me in case the weather goes south.
  6. Body surfing fins- Not only do I use them for work, but body surfing is a great activity to do during a deload week.
  7. A Barry Manilow CD- Manly because the man is a lyrical genius and the ladies love him. Don't judge.

So there is a little glimpse into what is in my truck. I try to stay as prepared as possible when it comes to my training and lifestyle. What about you? What do you always keep around just in case? Post in the comments section.

Until next time, stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment